Forecast is looking for an experienced Data Science Director to lead our growing Data Science team. This role is ideal for somebody who is passionate about developing automation and using data to build fantastic products and has proven experience in Data Science. You’ll be part of our world-class team and work closely with all of our Engineering, UX and Product teams to continue building a world-class product, where we're leading the pack.
This is an amazing opportunity to join one of the fastest-growing startups in Denmark and make a real impact on evolving the core part of Forecast.
If you’re looking for an amazing place to advance your career, have a passion for using the newest technology and want to part of a memorable story for years down the line and the following list of criteria basically match your background and experience, please apply. We’d love to hear from you!
- Heavily influence and drive the Forecast AI strategy and agenda towards our vision of fully automating all work around project & resource management.
- Tackle our toughest and most exciting Data Science/ AI challenges.
- Lead and augment the Forecast AI / Data Scientists team.
- Participate in conceiving, planning and prioritizing AI and automation features together with the Leadership team.
- Experiment with new AI and data models and techniques and set the technical direction for the Forecast AI.
- Talking with customers and define/understanding how to solve their needs with a focus on automation.
- Help prototype and build our core AI technology in Forecast.
- Work closely together with our CTO, VP Product and VP Engineering on defining our current and future AI strategy.
- Working with Probabilistic learning (conditional probability, Bayes rule, likelihood, independence, etc.) and techniques derived from it (Bayes Nets, Markov Decision Processes, Hidden Markov Models, etc.).
- Validating models from observed data using measures, distributions and analysis methods.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Masters or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or other relevant fields.
- 7+ years of industrial experience with advanced ML techniques.
- Data-oriented with strong engineering skills. Product experience is a plus.
- NLP, Random Forest, Deep Learning, Reinforcement Learning.
- Experience in areas of recommendation, personalization, and ranking.
- Excellent people leadership skills and a proven track record of developing high potential talent.
- Self-starter, high level of motivation and ability to work well independently as well as motivate and energize teams.
- Customer-focused mindset.
- Experience with Python, SQL, Java. Expertise with other programming languages is a plus.
- Experience with cloud computing - preferably AWS.
- Fluent in English.
What we offer:
- An exciting, successful and extremely fast-growing company - customers in 40+ countries around the world!
- An open, informal and multinational working environment.
- High level of responsibility and impact on business results.
- An attractive compensation package - salary commensurate with experience.
- Prime and central location with excellent transportation options.
- The position is located in Copenhagen, DK.
- Opportunities to travel to the office in London, UK.